Week 4 – 2016

Unfortunately week 3 got away from me, but I spent time with my family and then moved back to Lubbock.


There’s not much like Starbucks out of a mug with a good friend on a cold Lubbock day.

Today Miranda and I got a Wii! I’m so excited and it was fun to come home and play it all afternoon. We also had a Starbs date. Sometimes it’s great to just sit and talk with a good friend. Then we went to Game Stop and Walmart. Then we played Wii for several hours after. It’s fun to actually get to do something with a friend, so I’m really excited we decided to go ahead and get it. It was definitely a good decision. I also had a Plexus training call today. It definitely got me re-excited to be a part of the team and start making a difference in my life as well as other people’s lives.

School starts on Thursday and I’m pretty nervous and pretty excited!


Today I basically woke up to Miranda calling me and asking what our plan is for today. It seems that we are together more often than I have ever been with someone and she’s a pretty cool kid. Well, another one of our friends (aka my beautiful little) got home Monday and she was able to hang out with us too!

  So, Miranda and I played wii until Espy came over and then we all went to have dinner together and then crashed on E’s bed until the bowling alley was open. Then we went bowling.

Fun fact: I always think I love bowling until I go back to the bowling alley and I remember I HATE it. It was fun to hang out with my friends though and totally worth the $8. I got second the first game and I actually won the second one, so that was pretty exciting.

 My first shipment of Plexus came in today and I’m pretty excited. I tried my first pink drink and, thankfully, it was really good! (I’m kind of picky and I get freaked out about the tastes of things.)

I also started working on things for next semester, too. I have two syllabi for classes already from professors, so I wrote all the dates in my planner. It’s going to be a busy semester, but I’m pretty motivated (right now) to make it a good one. It is my last in-person semester at Texas Tech, so that means something.


Wednesday I just hung out around the house and got ready to go back to school. I cleaned and got papers together and really tried to get emotionally prepared as well. It’s going to be a hard semester, but I’m ready. So, I endeavored to go to bed on time/early because I have an 8 a.m., right? I went to bed at 9:30 p.m. and was super proud of myself only to wake up about an hour later and was not able to go to sleep. My best friend came over though and we watched The Bachelor. While I would have liked to get good sleep for the first day, it’s okay.


IMG_4128Happy first day of school! This is my last semester on campus, so it’s a big one to me. I intentionally tried to look cute the first day of school, because one of my goals this semester is to not look like a hobo every single day. Day one was accomplished! While running back and forth from building to building isn’t my favorite (Tech is the largest contiguous campus in the nation) I generally really like my classes and my professors. I also have friends in almost all my classes, which is fabulous.

After class I came home, put stuff in my syllabus and started trying to get organized.


Friday was glorious. I only have one class on Fridays, which means I get to wake up at 11 a.m. My friend is ending her classes when I’m just waking up. It’s great. So this class actually seems like it’s going to be really great. The professor seems to get it and she’s going to be fun and teach the material well.

I also had a small victory Friday afternoon. I applied for the Texas Tech Government and Public Service internship and I got an email that I get to interview for one of the internships! While it’s not a done deal, it means I don’t not have it. So that’s super exciting. I’m also VERY nervous. I sign up for my interview time Monday and will interview Thursday or Friday. I will let y’all know how it goes! Please pray to your respective Gods that this works out. I’m so nervous and I want this internship more than I’ve wanted something in a while.

 Oh! And I got a fish! I think I’m going to name him Sir Edmund.

 Friday I also got to go out dancing with some friends, which was fabulous. We went to a “Sabor” night. While I’m still not 100 percent sure what that is – like if it’s the name of a dance or a dance party – but it was basically a giant dance party with Latin music. It was definitely out of my comfort zone, but it was fun and I got to hang out with friends.


Woooo! Happy weekend! I’m just spending Saturday cleaning/picking up my room and starting the studying thing. I already have reading due this week, so I need to just get started!

How was your week?


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s